This year you’ll find PIFF screenings in all four quadrants of Portland, and in Lake Oswego! PIFF returns to the Whitsell Auditorium, Cinema 21, and the Newmark Theater on Opening Night. We've added four new locations—the World Trade Center Theater, Regal Lloyd Mall 8, Regal Pioneer Place, and Lake Twin Cinema in Lake Oswego. PIFF After Dark (midnight movies) is back this year, taking place at Cinema 21. The PIFF Lounge at Nel Centro also returns as a hub for Festival goers downtown. The Portland Art Museum hosts our Advance Ticket Outlet and is open daily noon–6 p.m., February 1-25, 2012.
We kick it all off February 9 with a rockin’ party on Opening Night at Nel Centro. Find us at the addresses below or use the Google Map. For public transit and parking information, see below. Enjoy!
Lake Twin Cinema
106 N State Street, Lake Oswego
• Bus lines 35 and 36 run straight from downtown Portland down N State Street to downtown Lake Oswego, stopping just outside the Lake Twin Cinema. Line 35 runs every 15 minutes.
• The Lake Oswego Transit Center (LOTC) is located within five blocks of the Lake Twin Cinema, on 4th Street between A Avenue and B Avenue. LOTC is served by bus lines 35, 36, 78 (Beaverton to Lake Oswego), and 37 (Lake Grove to Lake Oswego).
• Parking for theatre customers is not legal in any of the nearby development lots, including across the street at the large Albertson’s lot. Violators will be ticketed.
• There is a parking lot on the corner of N State Street and Foothills Road (access on Foothills Road). Capacity: 35-40 cars. Largely used by commuters during the weekdays; should be available during evenings and weekends. Free.
• Additional parking is available in the Lake View Village parking garage, located on A Avenue between 1st Street and N State Street. Lake View Village has shops and restaurants on the outside, parking inside with access on 1st Street. Parking free with a three-hour maximum.
616 NW 21st Avenue, Portland
• Streetcar runs from downtown to Northwest. Exit on NW 21st and Lovejoy stop, then walk four blocks south to Cinema 21 at NW 21st and Irving.
• Bus line 17 runs from downtown Portland to NW 21st Avenue, stopping right outside the Cinema 21. Line 17 runs about every 30 minutes. For more frequent service, line 15 runs from downtown Portland to NW 23rd Avenue about every 15 minutes.
• Street parking most convenient. Free in the Northwest, though time limits may apply (depending on time of day).
• Williams-Sonoma parking lot located on Flanders & NW 23rd, access on Flanders; 31 spaces; $3/hour.
• Pizzicato Pizza parking lot located on Glisan & NW 23rd, access on Glisan; 47 spaces; $3/hour.
• Elizabeth Street parking lot located on Irving & NW 23rd, access on Irving; 32 spaces; $3/hour.
2021 SE Hawthorne Boulevard, Portland
• Bus line 14 runs from downtown Portland down SE Hawthorne Boulevard with stops near Cinemagic. Runs every 15 minutes.
• Street parking only, but if you can find it, it’s free.
Regal Lloyd Mall 8
2320 Lloyd Center Mall, Portland
• MAX red and blue lines run from downtown to Lloyd Center. Exit at Lloyd Center stop.
• Bus line 8 run from downtown down NE Multnomah with stops right outside the Lloyd Center. Runs every 10 minutes. Bus lines 70 (Milwaukie to Rose Quarter) and 73 (Rose Quarter to outer NE) run on NE Multnomah as well.
• Metered street parking or free parking in the Lloyd Center Mall (may be congested on weekends).
Regal Pioneer Place
340 SW Morrison Street, Portland
• MAX red and blue lines stop at Pioneer Place Mall. Exit at Mall/SW 5th Avenue MAX Station.
• MAX green and yellow lines stop at Pioneer Place. Exit at Pioneer Place/SW 5th Avenue MAX Station.
• Numerous buses (1, 8, 9, 12, 17, 19, 35, 36, 44, 54, 56, 94) run down SW 5th and SW 6th Avenues in the downtown transit mall.
• There are two Smart Parks adjacent to Pioneer Place Mall: 3rd Avenue & Alder Street Garage (enter on SW 3rd or SW 4th Avenue) and 4th Avenue & Yamhill Street Garage (enter on SW 4th Avenue). Cost: $1.50/hour (four hours or less); $4.00/hour up to daily maximum (more than four hours).
World Trade Center
121 SW Salmon Street
• Bus line 15 (NW Portland to SE Belmont) and 51 (downtown to SW Vista) stop at 2nd and Taylor.
• Red and blue line MAX stop only three blocks north at SW 1st and Yamhill.
• Numerous bus line stops only a few blocks away on transit mall located on SW 5th and SW 6th Avenues.
• World Trade Center public parking can be accessed on SW Taylor Street, between SW Front Avenue/Naito Parkway and SW First Street. Cost: $4/evening after 5 p.m., $4/hour during the day.
1219 SW Park Avenue, inside the Portland Art Museum
• Streetcar runs right by the Portland Art Museum.
• Red and blue MAX lines located only 3-4 blocks north of Portland Art Museum.
• Numerous bus lines (6, 38, 43, 45, 55, 58, 68, 92, 96) are located within walking distance of the Museum.
• Metered street parking. Two City Center parking lots, one located behind the Northwest Film Center on SW Main between Park and SW 10th, another on SW Main between SW 10th and SW 11th.
1111 SW Broadway Avenue (inside the Portland Center for the Performing Arts)
• Red and blue MAX lines located four blocks north of PCPA (exit Pioneer Courthouse Square)
• Green and yellow MAX lines located one block east of PCPA (exit SW 6th and Madison)
• Streetcar located two blocks west of PCPA (exit Portland Art Museum)
• Numerous bus lines (1, 6, 8, 9, 12, 17, 38, 43, 45, 55, 58, 68, 92, 94, 96) within walking distance of PCPA.
• Metered street parking. Parking garages available at Star Park (SW Broadway and Salmon) and Congress Center Garage (SW 6th and Salmon).